Thursday 10 July 2014

BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER!!!

TODAY'S SHOW ITEM 


This is my crazy friend Bird, I have made a test panel and to see how it would work, next I will design and make a box using Bird.    



Again a test panel.









A few of the smaller projects I have tried, you can find in YouTube videos on how to make same of the smaller boxes with a band or scroll saw. 

XXXXXXX

With the wood inlay for the top of the box completed. Using a misting bottle wet the paper with water and allow to soak in for about 5 minutes.







With a scraper remove the paper from the veneer.



Using painters and two sided tape, (I use the painters tape, because the glue isn't as strong and wont tear out the grain of the veneer) attach the veneer to the gizmo table. 



I then run the router across the veneer to thickness it to about 0.6 of a miler meter. It is not always necessary to reduce the veneer so much, but it does make the overlap on the edging easier to conceal


Bugger Bugger Bugger!!!

The router came off the tracks and has torn the center out off the veneer.


This is not as big a problem as it may seam. Not thinking to take photos, I glued a piece of scrap veneer to the back, and allowed to dry.


Then using the same process as I did in the earlier post to conceal the defects in the veneer.


Cut out the damaged section and glue the replacement piece into the veneer.


The match isn't perfect but this will not overly matter in the final product as this project is for demonstration.
Store the top in a flat and safe place. Next I will start on the sides.   


No comments: